April 9, 2013

Iberian Heavy Cavalry

The Iberians had some heavy cavalry, but it was not the most common component of their armies. These would typically represent some more wealthy men, perhaps nobels. Here is a unit of them.


Notice how they all are armed with swords, and armored with chainmail as well as having a scutum shield. They are part of the Spanish Cavalry set that HäT make. There was only one pose of them, and I found I would not make any conversions of them. Here is the pose.


Basically he is a warrior waving his sword. Also notice how the camera captures everything, down to the pieces of bit and tackle I have not painted. You get 3 of this pose in each set. I bought 2 sets.



The standard bearer is also one of those poses from the set. He is special, in the sense that it is actually a multipose. You can get a standard, or a spear, simply by cutting off the boar at the end of the standard. You also get 3 of this pose, and as it is unlikely you will need 6 cavalry standardbearers when buying two sets, the multipose is a good idea.



Finally we have the leader of the unit. He is a conversion, made from the HäT Punic Wars Command set, and a headswap. He has been given one of the lose swords. Notice he does not have a shield, I think it may have snapped off. But I did not find one, so I have taken the picture of him without it.


Finally here they are all three poses, that make up the unit, seen from the front. I tried messing with the picture alittle seeing if I could get them cut and pasted into the above pictures, but it just looked wrong. It is also somewhat easier to see the special Spear/Standard that the standardbearer is holding in this picture.

Hope you enjoyed the view

~Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment