June 18, 2012

Ambushed - Goblinized and Pharao

Ok, so there I was faithfully updating my blog every day, or every other day, and suddenly nothing? What gives. Well I was ambushed. Sort of.

A friend had this project he wanted me to be a part of. I was supposed to bring out of the closet my old Orcs and Goblin Army and face a few of his adventuring friend in a battle with them. It was going to be great. I had not seen this friend for a long time... and I decided, hey why not?

Ok, so what happened: I brought out my old army, and discovered that I would need a few extra figures, and before you knew it, I had bought over 200 plastic orcs and goblins. All needing assembly. I figured that I would be done with them within a reasonable amount of time. Boy was I wrong!

I got to finishing the Night Goblins (all 100 of them) and then they overwhelmed me and goblinized me. It might have looked something like this:


The picture is from a magic card, called Goblin Piledriver. Anyway, I was completely overwhelmed, and did not find any motivation for assembling the rest. The goblins had gotten the better of me! At least that´s my story, and I am sticking to it.

As luck would have it, I recovered. And among other things I made a few figure trades (in 1/72 ancient miniatures). I traded away some atlantic Pharaos court civilians, and got a nice bag of figures in return from Tommy, also from Denmark. He was apparantly very excited about it, and also sent me this beautiful figure:


It is a Pharao, one of the rares from Caesar Miniatures, that you just do not get your hands on if you are not either a). Very Lucky or b) pay for alot of sets. The paint job is Tommy´s i believe. I think he´s done a very good job. So I plan on keeping him like this for the foreseeable future. What do you guys think?

~Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment